
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Birthday Bash at Rick's Cabaret...I mean, the Miley Cyrus concert
So last night Mandy and I took Caroline and Camden to the Miley Cyrus concert for Cam's 7th birthday. I waited months to tell her since it was a surprise and although there have certainly been other concerts in my life that I looked forward to far more than this one, I was genuinely excited about taking Camden. She adores Miley /Hannah. She can spend hours dancing around her play room listening to her music, and her tv show is constant background noise in our home. NOW - all that being said, I was NOT expecting what we got. Miley spent the majority of the concert wearing a tiny tank top that did lots of "boosting" and teeny teeny tiny leather shorts that were basically panties. They looked like leather baithing suit bottoms. Oh - and did I mention her provocative dancing? There were times that it seemed a little like we were at a men's club. I am so sad and disappointed....and furious that all those mommies and daddies (myself included) spent a ton of money to take their little girls to see their idol dancing on the stage like sleeze. At one point in the show, Camden looked at me and said, "Mommy, I think her dress is a little too short." When your 7 year old makes that call, you know it's bad. Anyway, the girls did have a great time. Let's just hope they remember the music and not the costumes /dance moves!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment