Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easy is a 4 letter word

Tonight, I am giving bug a bath, and Cam is sitting in the bathroom with me. She's telling me how she is not allowed to say the word easy at school. "Mommy, Mrs. Bruce says it is NOT nice to say things are easy cuz they might not be easy to everybody, and that makes people feel bad cuz they think you're the smartest." So I tell her that Mrs. Bruce is right, but that it is important to remember she is not the smartest.... that she is indeed smart, but everyone is very smart at something. And we go through some examples of different ways people can be "smart." She pauses for a minute to think and smiles and says, "Oh, I get it Mommy. Like Carsyn is the smartest at fussing." I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the point I was trying to make sailed right past her and out the door!

No comments: