
There are not very many people in life that manage to stay with you through all the ages, phases, different jobs, different struggles - and still love you just the same. I have been blessed over the years with wonderful, beautiful, thoughtful friends....friends that would be there at the drop of a dime if I needed anything. Friends that made me feel grateful. Friends that made me feel strong. But the move to NC has sadly caused those conversations to happen less and less, the times we see one another to dwindle down to almost never. And then there is Kate. Kate who has been my friend for 17 years. Kate who used to get in serious trouble with me as a teenager, Kate who has embarrassing photos of me in purple sequins and white hose and doesn't post them on
Facebook because she loves me. Kate who was on a plane within a couple hours of my dad dying - sat with me on the floor of my mom's bathroom and just let me cry. Kate who lets me vent about anything and everything without making me feel silly or over dramatic, Kate who I call ten times a day to ask baby questions because her daughter was born on the
same day - 9 minutes before
Carsyn. In my life, there is always Kate.
This weekend, we had a girls getaway to Greensboro. Even though I have been months and months without seeing her, it doesn't matter...it still feels like time never passed when we are together. Like we are still just 15 without a care in the world.

The beautiful patio of the Proximity hotel where we laid on the sofas and talked (and drank) the day away!

This was my first
Seabreeze - YUM!!!


Seriously - I don't think we moved from this couch for 4 hours....

This morning, we had a yummy brunch before heading our separate ways...and Kate ordered hot cocoa that you actually mix yourself. I didn't partake in the hot cocoa (because I was saving myself for the
beignets!)- but I totally did poor some of that chocolate on my plate and dip a croissant in it.... treadmill, here I come.

It was a great trip filled with wonderful company, lots of laughs,
great food, trash magazines, and of course - shopping. What more can a girl ask for?!?
I love you, Kate! Thanks for a great getaway (and for keeping the purple sequin photos in the drawer!). :o)
1 comment:
I love you honey, you are the best!
Post a Comment