Friday, November 12, 2010

A day at the zoo

The kids and I had Thursday off together, so we headed to my mom's to spend the night and have a day trip to the zoo. I'm used to the Houston Zoo, so the one we went to seemed tiny and a bit un-exciting in comparison. But the kids loved it, and that is all that matters.

5 minutes after arriving, a Lemur turned around and took a quick tee-tee break (out of the cage and right towards the kids). Given that they are enamored with bathroom humor, this was quite the event.
You're never really too old to climb on the bears for a photo op. I actually have a pictures of Camden, Jack and Caroline in front of the seal when they were 2 and 3. It's crazy how you blink and they are so grown up.


Bug enjoyed running around, squealing, and having everyone chase her. Every now and then she stopped to look at an animal, but mostly, well - it was just the running and squealing that entertained her.
And a little peeking....



And just like always, Caroline is my little helper. Follows bug everywhere she goes. Wants to hold her, play with her, help her eat. You name it. Having her with me gives Cam a break from her required "sister duty" and makes me feel like I am on a mini-vacation. God bless that girl!

All in all, it was a wonderful 24 hours away from my computer. Away from the television. 24 hours that I got to pretend like my job doesn't matter, listen to the kids that I love laugh and play and just be kids.

No comments: