- Once while going to grab my medicine out of the cabinet, I grabbed the wrong bottle, didn't pay attention, and ended up taking an Ambien on a work day. Note to self: this is not a super smart idea. You may wake up in your desk chair with drool on your cheek and no recollection of where the day has gone. Good thing I work from home! Yikes.
- I am a slight germ-o-phobe. For that reason, we take Carsyn's nap woobies home from daycare every single day and wash them. The next morning, I will certainly be running late, and I will reach in and grab what looks like her woobies from the dryer, stuff them in her bag, and take off running. One of the many times I did this, I once again did not pay attention. When I picked her up from school the next day, folded very neatly in her cubby was a pair of my panties. Zebra. Double YIKES! An iLoser moment at its finest.
- Last Spring I went on a work trip to Asia. This was huge for me! I have never been out of the country... We flew Singapore Air (quite the fancy airline, by the way), and the seats recline, but I wasn't exactly sure how to use them. There are like 20 different buttons! There was an older gentleman sitting next to me reading his paper, and he was polite enough to look the other way when I literally hit so many buttons that I got my feet stuck in between my seat and the tv console in front of me. Clearly I am the epitome of first class!
- I recently had yet another reorganization at work. Anyway - I am in a meeting with my new team. I have dressed meticulously to try to make a good impression, gotten up early enough to actually do something with my hair besides throw it in a ponytail, and made small talk on topics of interest to the group, all the things you do in the beginning. A coworker of mine and I make a quick potty break...I'm walking, chatting, feeling good. Starbucks in hand. Then BAM. My coffee flies across the room. I literally hit the floor face first. It's official. I am one hot mama.
I would be a liar if I said this was the entire list. It isn't. It's just some of the funnier moments...
I write this because I watch my daughter struggle so terribly with being worried about what people think of her. Being humiliated if anyone hears about something silly she did or said. Always so worried. When Marty smashed her face into Carsyn's birthday cake last year, she was still crying about it weeks...actually months later. I must have been the same way as a child because one of the things I remember most about my father is him always telling me, "You've gotta learn to laugh at yourself." Literally. He was a broken record with that. But over the course of my life, I have done just that. In fact, I laugh at myself quite often now. And actually- that is one of the things I love most about myself. One of these days when I am less iLoser-ish or just have more time, I am going to turn my blog into a book for my girls...and I hope when Cam is older, she can look back and read this and remember what a beautiful gift it is to just laugh sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment