




I don't think I have been so thankful for the weekend in a VERY long time. I was so excited to spend some time with the girls and for Carsyn to have a couple days at home to sleep well and just be snuggled and loved on. And it was a great weekend.
This morning, Marty was all set to go for a run when I noticed Cam lacing up her shoes because she wanted to go for a run with Daddy. He let her go (don't think there was much running involved), and she was super excited. When they got back, they washed cars together, had a little play time with the hose and then we went to our neighbors' house for lunch. Carsyn was a trooper for the most part, but when 5:00 rolled around, she was getting very close to a melt down.... so we go home, I quickly bathe her while she screams and cries, and here is Camden crying at the same time. She apparently didn't want to leave the neighbors' house, and I am kinda perplexed by this since no kids her age were there... so I tell her I am sorry but that we kept bug out for long enough and staying any later just wouldn't have been fair. THEN the tears really come...and I get, "Well it's not fair to me that we have to leave because of Carsyn and we don't get to go to the beach like Caroline because of Carsyn...." At this point, I am somewhere between guilt and anger and empathy, so I try and talk to her, calm her down, give her hugs. And out it finally comes that she is upset that we left before anyone ate the giant brownie cake that they made. Normally, I think I would have made her suck it up - but today, I walked next door and asked for a piece of brownie to bring home. She licked the plate clean and was a happy girl again. I guess sometimes getting dessert really IS that important! :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment