A friend of mine sent me an email today reminding me of a funny moment that I should have written down in Camden's baby book. Right before she started kindergarten, I was feeling very emotional. I had just learned of my pregnancy with Carsyn, and my little girl was starting the scary world of school. So apparently I shared with her that it might make me cry when she got so big that I can't hold her anymore, and her response was, "Mommy, I think I will just have to tell you to suck it up." That's my girl! Gosh, I love that kid. :o) Lately I joke with her about how I want to stay at home with the babysitter and go to the pool all day, and she can go to work for me. So it's a little game we play, and we go back and forth about what the other would have to do if we swapped places. Finally, she says..."Well fine. Then YOU will have to go get me stuff ALL the time whenever I need it because I will be too busy with the baby." I'm thinking this is her way of saying that being the helper = not so fun!
On a side note, we made it through 2 weeks of daycare, and I am thankful to say that while it is still absolutely heart wrenching to leave my baby each day, I no longer think that the front desk of daycare is going to try and slip me Prozac. I guess sometimes, we all have to just "suck it up."
No comments:
Post a Comment