Monday, July 4, 2011

Nostalgia of Summer

This weekend, we took a little trip to visit a childhood friend of mine. We recently got back in touch after about 16 years. Crazy how life takes a turn sometimes....

Anyway, we did a little swimming today before heading home, and as you can see...
there was fun to be had by making big splashes....


or by taking a first leap off of a diving board (well, it was a diving stone actually, but you get the idea!)

or by showing your daughters you are not too old to do tricks....

or from wearing your very first pair of goggles....



And when that got boring, there was good old fashioned chicken fighting....


I know that the time will come when I am tired of sweating and scalding temperatures, and I will long for jeans and sweatshirts and fires. But today, I am surrounded by the nostalgia of summer, and the wish that I could bottle up the feeling and keep it for when I am freezing and grouchy and pale! I guess I could always try snorting sunscreen. ;o)

No comments: