Moms make sacrifices every single day - as my friend Kate would tell you. It is the story of a mom's life. I consider myself lucky to have children to be able to sacrifice for; I honestly do. There is nothing more important to me, and I would do absolutely anything for my girls.
Now that being said - sometimes it just sucks. Last night, I made dinner for my family (with one hand - while supporting Carsyn in her baby wrap with the other!) and while Cam and Marty got to enjoy their food, I sat in the rocking chair with my little fussy bug and polished off a Power Bar for my dinner. Today - I went to Target to buy yet another formula to possibly help my girl feel better and ended up having to take her out of her car seat because she was screaming and other patrons were less than impressed with her set of lungs. Luckily, my sister showed up to help. So Mandy and I put her in the stroller and walked around a bit- did a little shopping - and the pants I bought for work were not anywhere near the size I was before my pregnancy. Then I remember my handsome husband who after two children still looks perfect in anything he wears!
I haven't showered yet today and cannot remember the last time my hair was properly dried instead of thrown wet into a ponytail. In fact, I'm surprised my husband still sleeps next to me! Although he did toss in a "You really need a pedicure" comment because I certainly am not polishing my little piggies these days. :o) I am missing Cam's swim lessons because Frumpy Sue just isn't up for the car ride. Did I mention that I have traded in my music in the car for a cd of fan noise which we listen to loud enough to make you feel like you are seated in an aircraft??? Ahh... the sacrfices moms make. But then they get older - and they ask you if they can still live with you when they have a husband, and you laugh on the inside because you know there is no way in &*!! that this will ever happen...and you smile and kiss them on the forehead and say "Of course you can, baby" - and you are overjoyed and overwhelmed by the love you feel for this little person. The real gift we get for Mother's Day is the gift we give ourselves in that delivery room.
To all the moms in my life, Happy Mother's Day! One day when your kids are doing the parenting thing, they will finally realize all that you did to love them and make them happy, each and every day.

1 comment:
you are an awesome mom! I admire you every time we hang up (all 10 times a day). Hang in there! Love you-talk tomorrow :)
Post a Comment