Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cinnamon coated delicious-ness! (from the blog of a Non-Martha Stewart)


The world of blogging moms is full of women who truly manage it all and make it seem effortless. I never really over-thought my blogging until my friend Kate introduced me to a ton of other mommy blogs out there which are inclusive of beautiful, professional-looking photos of their children, monthly meal planners with a impressively organized weekly shopping lists to match, pictures of delicious meals or treats including the recipe for you to give it a try. Seriously?!?! What are these women doing (or taking!?!) that I am not? It is a Martha Stewart driven blog life out there.


Now I must say I think I take good pictures thanks to my Canon Rebel TIi. Love that thing! But the rest of it, I'm pretty much just managing. Here is my latest recipe for happiness:
  1. Ask your husband to pick up a box of Murry's Double Cinnamon French Toast Sticks from your local grocer's freezer aisle.
  2. Place 2-3 sticks on a plate and microwave on high heat for 25 seconds.
  3. Cut into tiny bite size pieces.
  4. Serve and enjoy!

* Let's just pretend that this box says "Organic, no sugar added, made with cage-free eggs (or whatever)." Otherwise, I will be forced to feel totally crappy and inadequate. :o)

Aside from macaroni and grilled cheese of course, this is bug's favorite treat. When her tray was empty the other day, she thought a minute and then dug around in the pocket of her bib to find another piece. That's my girl, Carsyn! Way to be resourceful!

1 comment:

kate parke said...

you are a dork! love it. those look good