Sunday, February 7, 2010

When it rains, it pours

So today will not be a warm, fuzzy I love my life post. Today, I am simply relieved to be done with but still absolutely exhausted from the stomach virus that has circulated through my house and each member of my family. I have been having an oh-my-gosh, how do parents do this sort of moment between being sick myself, trying to trade off nap times with Marty, attend to Camden, keep Carsyn out of trouble.... and did I mention having to bathe my moron of a dog because she ate a diaper and was covered in poo. That's right. When it rains, it pours.

Now I am watching the Cheetah Girls 2 with Camden for the 3rd time this weekend (which p.s. should seriously be considered a form of torture!) and thinking about the baskets full of laundry that still needs to be washed. We are freezing our hineys off because Marty has all the windows open and the fans on to air out the house. It's almost comical.

The worst part about it is that this weekend was Camden's Father Daughter dance at school that she has SO been looking forward to, and she missed it. She and Daddy were too sick to go.... and we had massive amounts of tears over the issue. I think next weekend, I will dress them both up and send them out on a date night to try and make up for it. Freaking stomach bug! No one likes you!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I hope you guys are feeling much better now! I think that Cam would love to have a date night with her daddy :) You ought to surprise her somehow with it...too precious! Nothing like the relationship between fathers and daughters!