Monday, May 17, 2010

Charleston

Last weekend, we loaded up and went to Charleston with my family. I absolutely love Charleston. Driving through that city makes me feel like I was born to be a part of the south. The weather - the beaches - the beautiful old houses with wonderful porches - just the character of the city is fantastic. I have to admit that I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time relaxing in the sun, but I got to hear the ocean, feel the sand, and have the wonderful warmth of the sun on my skin for a few days. Life is good!
Not completely sure what to think about the pool situation at first. In her defense, the
water was a bit on the chilly side!
As usual, the kids all doted on her every need /fuss.
Caroline and Carsyn are pretty much a package deal when we are together. I find myself feeling so thankful for Caroline. Not only because I love her but because Carsyn loves her...and it allows me to sit down for a minute or two and just relax!
Marty gave Carsyn a lime at dinner. Please note that it ranks right up there with snow
angels and sleep as her most unfavorite things in life!
The next day, Bug enjoyed some tasty sand while playing on the beach!
And was slightly agreeable to some time in the ocean

Jack made sure she stayed close by!
It was so nice to have both of my sisters in the same place - even if only a brief time.
My sweet little family.And my girls
Is there anything sweeter? A baby bum in a matching suit and hat!

The cousins (minus Grace who is too old and cool for sand holes and the babies who were
either at home or busy eating the sand that the kids dug out!
Camden was most excited about seeing Cate, and of course, absolutely devastated
when she had to go home again.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Looks like a great time! Just caught up to speed. Carsyn is getting sooooo big!!! Camden is such a wonderful sister. She beats Margelle hands down. What a blessing your girls are!!! You certainly deserve it.