Sunday, May 23, 2010

Peas in a Pod

Today, I was on a mission to find a sand and water table for the back yard. Camden had one as a baby that she adored, and I thought maybe bug would like one as well. Marty and I went to quite a few stores until we actually found one, but it appears to have been worth it.On my way to get the play sand, I found the absolute cutest kid umbrella ever (which by the way was on sale for 15 dollars at Lowe's)! It's a kiwi and matches the green chair we already had. The girls will probably never sit under that thing, but it will at least make me smile to look at.
I bought this baby pool for the back yard. Mostly for Carsyn but also thought Cam might like to play in it with her. I knew it would be kinda small, but then I took it out of the box and realized it was the size of a half dollar. Poor Cam got the shaft. No room in this pool for big girls. I'll have to hunt down a bigger one soon. They may be a million years apart in age, but those girls are peas in a pod.

Some eating of the sand took place (actually lots of eating of the sand), and each time Cam was quick to grab the hose and rinse out her sister's mouth.
And then they would both giggle.
And giggle. And giggle.
This went on for quite a while until we forced them to stop for dinner.
They finished off the evening getting showered /bathed and ready for bed. When I got the tub full and was ready for Carsyn, she was too busy standing outside of the shower talking to Cam and laughing at the silly faces she was making. I wonder how many years I have left before Camden wants nothing to do with her..... just savoring the moments while they last!
I love the weekends. They spoil me. It's such a shame that work has to be in my vocabulary!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

How incredibly precious! Love those moments!! I need more of those these days. We are definitely into rivalry these days!! Love your girls!!